MakerMobile Needs You!
Here’s what we need to build a world-class mobile learning facility. Some of the items on this list are big, some are small. Please take a moment to see if you might have something to offer the project. Not everything has to be new, but it does have to be in good, safe operating condition. Monetary donations are of course also welcome.
- Secure parking space in Vancouver … this is VITAL
- Construction supplies: plywood, electrical,
sheet metalThanks to Commit Autobody for a donation of aluminium ‘diamondplate’ PaintThanks to Miles at General Paint (Broadway & Arbutus) for the paint, also to Chris Cudahy who supplied an almost-full can of water-based Varathane.
- Broadband mobile Internet connection
- Flat panel TV, large widescreen LCD monitor or projector
- LED lighting strips
- LED task lights
- Hand tools: cutters, pliers, saws, hammers, screwdrivers, torx keys, allen keys, punches, X-Acto knives, rotary (fabric) cutters, clamps, scissors, snips/shears, rulers
spirit levelThanks, Leah!
- Craft supplies and equipment
- Cutting mats
- Magnetic tool holders
- Temp. controlled soldering stations & accessories
- Cordless drill
- Toaster ovens x2
- Dremel-type rotary tools
Drill press or Dremel workstand
- Arduinos, Raspberry Pi’s
- Other microcontroller dev boards
- Basic electronic parts kits
- Breadboards and prototype boards
Bench power supplythank you, Raymond at Lee’s Electronics
- Networked video cam
- Backup generator
Uninterruptible Power SupplyThanks, VHS recycling bin (we still need new batteries for it, though…)
- Solar panels and charge controllers
1200W inverterThanks to Kelvin Stokes